Luiz de Viveiros
- Assistant Professor of Physics
Office: Osmond 320E
Lab: Davey 012
The Pennsylvania State University
Department of Physics
104 Davey Lab, PMB 169
University Park, PA 16802
ldeviveiros [ AT ] psu [ DOT ] edu
Ph.D. (Physics), Brown University, 2009.
- Assistant Project Scientist, University of California, Santa Barbara (2015-2016)
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, University of California, Santa Barbara (2014 - 2015).
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Laboratorio de Instrumentacao e Fısica Experimental de Partıculas, Coimbra, Portugal (2009 - 2013).
- D.M. Asner et al. (Project 8 Collaboration), “Single electron detection and spec-troscopy via relativistic cyclotron radiation”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 162501, 2015.
- D.S. Akerib et al. (LUX Collaboration), “Radiogenic and muon-induced back-grounds in the LUX dark matter detector”, Astropart. Phys. 62, 33-46, 2015.
- D.S. Akerib et al. (LUX Collaboration), “First results from the LUX dark matter experiment at the Sanford Underground Research Facility”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 091303, 2014.
- D.S. Akerib et al. (LUX Collaboration), “Technical results from the surface run of the LUX dark matter experiment”, Astropart. Phys. 45, 34-43, 2013.
- Measurement of the neutrino mass, using novel radio-frequency techniques (Project 8 experiment).
- Direct detection of dark matter, using liquid noble gas detectors (LUX and LZ experiments).