- Assistant Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Assistant Professor of Physics
206B Life Sciences Building
University Park, PA 16802
lub15 [ AT ] psu [ DOT ] edu
Nanjing University (B.S., Physics), 1999
Cornell University (M.S., Biophysics), 2004
Cornell University (Ph.D., Biophysics), 2007
Honors and Awards
Nanjing University distinguished student award (1996-1999)
Madame Chien-Shiung Wu fellowship (1999)
Cornell University Liu Memorial Award (2006)
Rockefeller University Woman and Science fellowship (2007)
Damon Runyon Cancer Research fellowship, Suzanne & Bob Wright Fellow (2008-2010)
- Wang X, Bai L, Bryant GO & Ptashne M (2011) “Nucleosomes and the accessibility problem.”Trends Genet. 27: 487-92. Review.
- Bai L, Ondracka A & Cross FR. (2011) “Multiple sequence-specific factors participate in the formation of nucleosome-depleted-region on the CLN2 promoter.” Mol. Cell. 42:465-76.
- Bai L & Wang MD. (2010) “Comparison of Pause Predictions of Two Sequence-Dependent Transcription Models.” Journal of Statistical Mechanics. P12007.
- Bai L & Morozov AV. (2010). “Gene regulation by nucleosome positioning.” Trends Genet. 26:476-83. Review.
- Bai L, Charvin G, Siggia ED & Cross FR. (2010) “Nucleosome depleted regions in cell-cycle-regulated promoters ensure reliable gene expression in every cell cycle.” Developmental Cell.18:544-55.
- Jin J, Bai L, Johnson DS, Fulbright RM, Kireeva ML, Kashlev M, Wang MD (2010) “Overcoming the Nucleosomal Barrier during Transcription Elongation.” Nature Structural and Molecular Biology.17:745-52.
- Hall MA, Shundrovsky A, Bai L, Fulbright RM, Lis JT & Wang MD (2009). “High resolution dynamic mapping of histone-DNA interactions in a nucleosome.” Nature Structural and Molecular Biology16:124-129.
- Johnson DS, Bai L, Smith B, Patel S & Wang MD (2007). “Single Molecule Studies Reveal Dynamics of DNA Unwinding by the Ring-Shaped T7 Helicase.” Cell. 129:1299-309.
- Bai L, Fulbright RM & Wang MD (2007). “Mechanochemical kinetics of transcription elongation.”Phys Rev Lett. 98:068103.
- Bai L, Santangelo T & Wang MD (2006). “Single molecule analysis of RNA polymerase transcription.” Annu. Rev. Biophys. Biomol. Struct 35:343-360. Review.
- Jiang J*, Bai L*, Surtees J, Gemici Z, Wang MD & Alani E (2005). “Detection of high affinity mismatch binding and sliding clamp modes for the MSH2-MSH6 mismatch recognition complex by single-molecule unzipping force analysis.” Mol. Cell. 20:771-81.
- Bai L, Shundrovsky A. & Wang MD (2004). “Sequence-dependent kinetic model for transcription elongation by RNA polymerase.” J. Mol. Biol. 344:335-349.
Single-molecule/single-cell fluorescence microscopy.