- Associate Professor of Physics
Office: 150C Davey Lab
Mail: 104 Davey Lab, PMB #109
University Park, PA 16802
mrigol [ AT ] phys [ DOT ] psu [ DOT ] edu
Institute of Nuclear Sciences and Technology (ICSTN), Havana, Cuba (B.S. in Nuclear Physics, Summa Cum Laude), 1999
Institute of Nuclear Sciences and Technology (ICSTN), Havana, Cuba (M.S. in Nuclear Physics), 2000
University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany (Ph.D. in Physics, Summa Cum Laude), 2004
Honors and Awards
Young Scientist Prize - International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP), Commission 10: Structure and Dynamics of Condensed Matter (2011)
- L. Xia, L. Zundel, J. Carrasquilla, J. M. Wilson, M. Rigol, and D. S. Weiss, Quantum distillation and confinement of vacancies in a doublon sea, Nature Phys. 11, 316 (2015).
- S. Will, D. Iyer, and M. Rigol, Observation of coherent quench dynamics in a metallic many-body state of fermionic atoms, Nat. Commun. 6, 6009 (2015).
- M. Rigol, Quantum quenches in the thermodynamic limit, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 170601 (2014).
- E. Khatami, G. Pupillo, M. Srednicki, and M. Rigol, Fluctuation-Dissipation Theorem in Isolated Quantum Dipolar Bosons After a Quench, Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 050403 (2013).
- M. Rigol and M. Srednicki, Alternatives to Eigenstate Thermalization, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 110601 (2012).
- M. A. Cazalilla, R. Citro, T. Giamarchi, E. Orignac, and M. Rigol, One dimensional bosons: From condensed matter systems to ultracold gases, Rev. Mod. Phys. 83, 1405-1466 (2011).
- L. F. Santos, A. Polkovnikov, and M. Rigol, Entropy of Isolated Quantum Systems after a Quench, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 040601 (2011).
- M. Rigol, Breakdown of thermalization in finite one-dimensional systems, Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 100403 (2009).
- M. Rigol, V. Dunjko, and M. Olshanii,Thermalization and its mechanism for generic isolated quantum systems, Nature 452, 854 (2008).
- M. Rigol, V. Dunjko, V. Yurovsky, and M. Olshanii, Relaxation in a Completely Integrable Many-Body Quantum System: An Ab Initio Study of the Dynamics of the Highly Excited States of Lattice Hard-Core Bosons, Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 050405 (2007).
- Computational physics
- Strong correlations
- Non-equilibrium quantum dynamics
- Ultracold gases