Office: 150C Davey Lab
Mail: 104 Davey Lab, PMB #109
University Park, PA 16802
mrigol [ AT ] phys [ DOT ] psu [ DOT ] edu
Institute of Nuclear Sciences and Technology (ICSTN), Havana, Cuba (B.S. in Nuclear Physics, Summa Cum Laude), 1999
Institute of Nuclear Sciences and Technology (ICSTN), Havana, Cuba (M.S. in Nuclear Physics), 2000
University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany (Ph.D. in Physics, Summa Cum Laude), 2004
Honors and Awards
Fellow of the American Physical Society (2015)
Kavli Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences (2015)
Young Scientist Prize - International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP), Commission 10: Structure and Dynamics of Condensed Matter (2011)
- M. Rigol. Fundamental Asymmetry in Quenches Between Integrable and Nonintegrable Systems. Phys. Rev. Lett. 116, 100601 (2016).
- L. D'Alessio and M. Rigol. Dynamical preparation of Floquet Chern insulators. Nat. Commun. 6, 8336 (2015).
- L. Xia, L. Zundel, J. Carrasquilla, J. M. Wilson, M. Rigol, and D. S. Weiss. Quantum distillation and confinement of vacancies in a doublon sea. Nature Phys. 11, 316 (2015).
- L. D'Alessio and M. Rigol. Long-time behavior of isolated periodically driven interacting lattice systems. Phys. Rev. X 4, 041048 (2014).
- M. Rigol. Quantum quenches in the thermodynamic limit. Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 170601 (2014).
- M. Rigol and M. Srednicki. Alternatives to Eigenstate Thermalization. Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 110601 (2012).
- L. F. Santos, A. Polkovnikov, and M. Rigol. Entropy of Isolated Quantum Systems after a Quench. Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 040601 (2011).
- M. Rigol. Breakdown of thermalization in finite one-dimensional systems. Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 100403 (2009).
- M. Rigol, V. Dunjko, and M. Olshanii.Thermalization and its mechanism for generic isolated quantum systems. Nature 452, 854 (2008).
- M. Rigol, V. Dunjko, V. Yurovsky, and M. Olshanii. Relaxation in a Completely Integrable Many-Body Quantum System: An Ab Initio Study of the Dynamics of the Highly Excited States of Lattice Hard-Core Bosons. Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 050405 (2007).
- Non-equilibrium quantum dynamics
- Strongly correlated systems
- Ultracold gases
- Computational physics