- Associate Professor of Physics
The Pennsylvania State University
Department of Physics
104 Davey Lab, PMB #109
University Park, PA 16802
mrigol [ AT ] phys [ DOT ] psu [ DOT ] edu
Institute of Nuclear Sciences and Technology (ICSTN), Havana, Cuba (B.S. in Nuclear Physics, Summa Cum Laude), 1999
Institute of Nuclear Sciences and Technology (ICSTN), Havana, Cuba (M.S. in Nuclear Physics), 2000
University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany (Ph.D. in Physics, Summa Cum Laude), 2004
Honors and Awards
Young Scientist Prize - International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP), Commission 10: Structure and Dynamics of Condensed Matter (2011)
- M. Rigol and M. Srednicki, Alternatives to Eigenstate Thermalization, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 110601 (2012).
- M. A. Cazalilla, R. Citro, T. Giamarchi, E. Orignac, and M. Rigol, One dimensional bosons: From condensed matter systems to ultracold gases, Rev. Mod. Phys. 83, 1405-1466 (2011).
- C. N. Varney, K. Sun, V. Galitski, and M. Rigol, Kaleidoscope of Exotic Quantum Phases in a Frustrated XY Model, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 077201 (2011).
- L. F. Santos, A. Polkovnikov, and M. Rigol, Entropy of Isolated Quantum Systems after a Quench, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 040601 (2011).
- I. Hen and M. Rigol, Strongly Interacting Atom Lasers in Three-Dimensional Optical Lattices, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 180401 (2010).
- M. Rigol, Breakdown of thermalization in finite one-dimensional systems, Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 100403 (2009).
- M. Rigol, V. Dunjko, and M. Olshanii,Thermalization and its mechanism for generic isolated quantum systems, Nature 452, 854 (2008).
- M. Rigol and B. S. Shastry, Drude weight in systems with open boundary conditions, Phys. Rev. B 77, 161101(R) (2008).
- M. Rigol and R. R. P. Singh, Magnetic Susceptibility of the Kagome Antiferromagnet ZnCu3(OH)6Cl2, Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 207204 (2007).
- M. Rigol, V. Dunjko, V. Yurovsky, and M. Olshanii, Relaxation in a Completely Integrable Many-Body Quantum System: An Ab Initio Study of the Dynamics of the Highly Excited States of Lattice Hard-Core Bosons, Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 050405 (2007).
- Computational physics
- Strong correlations
- Non-equilibrium quantum dynamics
- Ultracold gases